• Frequently Asked Questions


During periods of heavy prolonged rain, listen to local radio or television for flood warnings.  You can also call the Environment Agency’s Floodline on 0345 988 1188 or check the Environment Agencies website.
Categories: Flooding, Policy cover

Insurers provide quotes for homeowners in all parts of the country.  If your home is in an area with a known history of flooding or subsidence, insurers will require further details from you to assess what cover they may be able to offer.

This answer assumes your policy covers you for alternative accommodation.

If the flood damage to your home is so extensive that you can’t stay there, your insurer will usually arrange to put you and your family into temporary emergency accommodation while repairs are being carried out.  All reasonable costs are usually covered by your home insurance policy up to the policy limits.

Categories: Claims, Flooding

Looking for a quote?


Visit our quotes page